MAC Ravishing: My Almost Kind of Peach

[Update] Huhu, I got carried away deleting pictures from my Picasa. And the photos from this post weren't spared so I immediately googled my post hoping I could save at least a few. Unfortunately, I only got photos in low resolution. Anyway, it's better than nothing.]



When it comes to corals, peaches or nudes that brings that effortless youthful vibe, I prefer wearing lipsticks that come in a creamy formula with a hint of gloss or sheen. Unlike dark colors such as red and fuchsia, pale colors with a bit of sheen are more forgiving to be worn by me who has an oily skin. Haha.


MAC Ravishing is undoubtedly my favorite peach lipstick as of this year's summer. It is a medium peachy lipstick that has a cremesheen finish. I won't deny that it is somewhat hard to pull off if you have a pale, dull skin or dark lips. I would say it's pigmented for a cremesheen lipstick but since I have dark lips, the color looks streaky most of the time. That is why I wear a lip color darker than Ravishing (Estee Lauder in Stay Ginger) underneath to somewhat neutralize the color.

In the above photo, I'm wearing MAC Ravishing without any lip products underneath. It's a very pretty color to show off during daytime, especially on summer season. I like wearing this with a fresh makeup look. I also tried wearing this with a neutral smokey eye makeup, though smokey eyes look best with neutral lips, it still looked flattering. I'm eyeing Wet n Wild's Megalast lipstick in Just Peachy because it sort of reminds me of Ravishing. It's also way cheaper,opaque, and the creamy formula of the Megalast lipstick applies like a dream. 

So what's your favorite peach coral lipstick? Feel free to leave your comments. :)

7 comments:

  1. Been loving MAC Betty Bright! And NYX Haute Melon. Or Ever Bilena Hot Summer for a nice cheap find. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard good reviews about Betty Bright! too bad, i cannot afford MAC hihi. Thanks Janine :)

      Delete
  2. wow, gorgeous shade! loved it ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks pretty on you sis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shade looks really pretty although if I'd be using this shade, I might partner it with another lip color because I don't feel like it would look good on me alone lol


    xoxo,
    Gelleesh.com

    ReplyDelete