[BRUSH ALERT] Update on Artist Studio Angled Flat Top Brush

I just washed my used brushes yesterday, except for the one angled flat top brush from Artist Studio because I knew it's not worth using anymore. I loved this particular makeup brush out of all the brushes I own, and I didn't expect it would meet its end so sudden. I actually bought another one last month, and the said brush sheds non-stop so I threw it in the bin after a couple of washes. I thought it's just a one-time thing that I got a defective brush so I spared the old one - the one I used to apply my liquid foundation. During that same month, I was in denial that my old brush has gone loose despite the few strands I got from washing it. I doubted the way I cleaned the brush, but I'm cleaning it the same way I clean the other big brushes. I thought it could last a lifetime but the pictures say otherwise.


It has lost its perfectly angled shape. Lots of bristles are sticking out. I can't apply my liquid foundation because of its current state.


Yes, I intentionally tugged it just to find out how loose did it get. 


My poor makeup brush. Gladly, my other Artist Studio brushes are perfectly fine. I already replaced this with the Face Shop's version of Shisheido Perfect Foundation brush. Talking about moving on so quickly :)

4 comments:

  1. I think this eventually happens to most flat top brushes over time. This happened to both my Ellana & Sigma F80. So it's not really because of the brand. Well, my Sigma gave up on me without even flinching really, not even a warning. It didn't even last up to three months. But my Ellana was a bit over used. Lol. I've heard a lot of similar experiences and Sigma sheds a lot like crazy.

    My Ellana lasted for almost a year and then it turned out like that last month. That's when I knew I had to replace it with my other flat top. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yette, thanks for the info. I thought because it's the glue they used haha. I'm thinking of getting a much smaller one, I think I saw it from one of your posts. Thanks!!!!

      Delete
  2. Sis, I have the same brush but haven't tried using it with liquid foundie. Pwede pala? I use it for blush and contouring eh. So sad. Siguro di lang talaga maganda yung nabili mo, kasi yung artist studio brushes ko so far so good naman kahit na grabe ko sila linisan. Try ELF Studio brush na stippling. Maganda daw yon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hindi ko nga alam ang nangyari sis eh,ok rin naman siya dati hanggang sa unti unti na siya nasira. tingin mo sa olive oil kaya? ganda niya sis sa liquid foundie siya nga ang favorite ko eh. balak ko din bumili ng stippling brush ng ELF gusto ko matry magstipple haha

      Delete